I was skimming through some blogs today, and I ran across a rampant case of post plagiarism outrage. Can't say I blame them. I'd be outraged, too. That is, I would be outraged if someone claimed my writing as their own. Not that that is likely to happen. Here is why...
1. Most of my 12 faithful readers have better grammar than I do. They wouldn't be caught dead claiming this stuff. (Hi, Mom!)
2. I write about children not taking out the cat box. I write about slugs. I write about homeschooling three kids. I write about scraping dead chickens off the lawn. Enough said. Am I right?
3. I am constantly posting stupid pictures of my socially deviant cat.
Yow-za! Who would wanna steal this?
4. Entertaining Riveting Captivating Colorful Unique I have trouble finding the right word to describe my writing style. While I am pretty certain it's better than the back of the nearest cereal box, I wouldn't call it captivating. Captivating? This? Um, no.
5. Having limited readers denies would be thieves anonymity. (I know where you sleep at night, people. Ha! Just kidding. Or am I?)
See? I'm safe. Safe as houses! What does that mean, exactly? Safe as houses? Are houses necessarily safe? And what is it they are safe from?
But I digress.
While I cannot say that no one will ever steal the content of this blog, it think I can say that it should not happen. And if it ever does happen, someone please get that person some help...
Because they desperately need it.